Friday, June 3, 2011

Travel days

The day before yesterday I traveled from Chalais and was picked up by mt new host family in Laval. I was able to get an earlier train, so I arrived in Laval 4 hours before I was expected. So I was able to be a tourist for a little while. Laval was a lot bigger and touristy than I expected. There was an old castle, I think from the 13th century, historical maps and walking tours that I could have gone on. I feel silly enough walking around with my backpack and a map, so I took out my camera too and the only thing missing was a cane and a red and white striped shirt. I've already lost my toothbrush and sweater...

The only thing is about taking pictures is that it's so expensive to get them developed here, so I think I'm just going to save developing them until I get back home. It was almost 11 euro just to get the film developed and a CD made, no prints. It's only just about a month and a half more.

No comments:

Post a Comment